Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Blog 11: Developing a Research Plan

Research Question: What kinds of learning issues are faced by learners who come from homes with "nonstandard English"?

Purpose: I hope to discover and elaborate on how students deal with being in a Standard English classroom as they come from a nonstandard English home.

Information that must be gathered: How students learn to assimilate to a Standard English classroom (hear from an actual student who has dealt with this), articles from magazines, literature, actual observations, and etc.


  • I will be studying a friend (Kevin) who has dealt with this in the past and is currently in college.
  • I will collect information from my mother (Carolyn) who is a former teacher and has seen what students must go through (students who come from nonstandard English homes) and Kevin.
  • I would like to study 2 subjects
  • I will conduct interviews, textual analysis, and observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment