Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blog 3: Oral History. Interviewer(Kelsee) and Subject(Tshandi)

I conducted an interview with Tshandi on 9/11.
I asked her several different questions and she had a good variety of answers.
She said that she was ten years old when 9/11 took olace and attended Cicely Tyson school. The school had made an announcement on the intercom stating the event that took place and her mom quickly picked her up. It wasn't important to her until she found out that one of her family members was involved. She stated that she was shocked by this.

Her family was definitely affected by it and they began consoling one another after finding out about what had taken place in NYC. Tshandi's mom was afraid of letting her out of her sights.

I had given some background information as well as ask questions.
I was 11 or 12 when the event happened. None of my family was involved so it didn't really bother me. I guess especially because I was pretty young I didn't truly understand what was going on. I honestly only remember just being happy that school had let out early because of the event.

Tshandi does well at communicating and expressing her ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment